A step-by-step guide to why, when and how to register a copyright in a website, with detailed information about:
- what copyright law does and doesn’t protect
- what website content can be registered
- which forms to use
- how to complete an application
- why websites normally can’t be registered as “serials”
- what to do about website updates
- the copyright definition of publication
- what to deposit, and how
- filing fees
- other copyright protection measures
- and more.
Written by an attorney.